Clear Braces- Invisalign
Braces are not just for teenagers anymore! They are used to treat a variety of occlusal conditions including overbites, under bites, open bites and crocked teeth. Aligning the teeth and correcting the bite is essential in maintaining a healthy dentition. Poor tooth alignment and bite discrepancies may result in gum disease, cavities, TMJ disorders and other problems.
We use both traditional and clear ceramic braces based on your comfort and preference
A stable bite and a healthy smile can give you the comfort and confidence you deserve and can change your life!
Invisalign is also an efficient way to straighten teeth that are crowded, misaligned or have gaps. Clear, removable aligners are used as opposed to fixed braces.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Mashihi‘s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Mashihi has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Mashihi about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.